With our current environment being hyper-focused on coronavirus we've compiled some resource on speaking with your children about COVID 19, how to de-stress, and mental health check ups you can do at home.
Coronavirus Explained by Brain Pop
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) A Parent Resource
How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS)
How You and Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus (PBS)
National Association of Mental Illness Lehigh Valley COVID-19 Check-Up
Resources for Virtual Worship & Mediation
by Rev. Jennifer Nichols
Just like school, many churches, temples and mosques have closed for a few weeks to help us maintain social distance and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
My own worshipping community isn’t gathering right now, and I miss the fellowship and connection with people I love. But it’s also a good opportunity to do something I usually can’t…. to “visit” some of the great worship worship spaces around the world, and hear amazing teaching, by dropping in on virtual worship services shared online. If this idea intrigues you, head to the website of a worshipping community you’re curious about and see if they have onlines services.
To get you started, here are a few you might like to try. If you have others to recommend, please share them with me at email@example.com and we will make this a running list!
Local Moravian Churches:
- Calvary Moravian Church (Allentown, PA) – Sunday @ 10:45 am through Zoom
- Schoeneck Moravian Church (Nazareth, PA) – Sunday @ 10:30 am through Facebook
- Home Moravian Church is Winston Salem offers Sunday services online
- The Washington National Cathedral offers daily online services
- St. Matthew Catholic Church in Charlotte, NC - Sundays @ 9:00 am and daily @ 1:00 pm
- Central Synagogue in New York City offers Shabbat services on Fridays at 6:00 pm and Saturdays at 9:30 am
- The Islamic Center of America - Fridays @ 1:47 pm
- The Hindu Temple of St. Louis offers weekly online Poojas
- Live Radio Broadcast from the Sikh Golden Temple in Amritsar, India
- Attend daily mass with Pope Francis live via Vatican News
- Live Streaming from the Taize community in France
- Live Streaming from The Buddhist Society