Middle and Upper Schoolers Place Well at Delaware Valley Science Fair
Five Downtown Campus students and seven Merle-Smith Campus students presented their independent STEM projects on Wednesday, April 6, at the Delaware Valley Science Fair, which was held at the Philadelphia Expo Center in Exton, PA.
Throughout the day, students were interviewed by teams of industry and academic judges about their projects. For high school students, DVSF is a qualifier for the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF); for middle school students, DVSF is a qualifier for the Broadcom Masters Fair.
The following middle school students participated in DVSF 2022:
- Anika Mehta ‘27 - Mathematics
- Vivian John ‘27 - Botany
- Logan Hancik ‘26 - Engineering
- Nikhil Skandan '26 - Physics
- Aayona Vikram ‘26 - Environmental Science
The following upper school students participated in DVSF 2022:
- Rayna Malhotra ‘24 - Biochemistry
- Ryan Paul ‘24 - Computer Science
- Okezue Bell ‘23 - Engineering
- Rohan Mehta ‘23 - Computer Science
- Mikhail Jaffer ‘22 - Biochemistry
- Theo Urban ‘22 - Computer Science
- Sunny Chen ‘24- Engineering
Congratulations to Rayna Malhotra '24 who was the overall gold medalist for 10th grade and to Okezue Bell '23 who was the overall gold medalist for 11th grade! Both students are moving on to the Regeneron ISEF Fair which will be held May 7 to May 13 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Additional honors were awarded to the following upper school students:
- Rayna Malhotra '24, 1st Place Biochemistry, 10th Grade
- Ryan Paul '24, Honorable Mention Computer Science, 10th Grade
- Okezue Bell '23, 1st Place Engineering, 11th Grade
- Okezue Bell '23, Air Products Engineering Innovation Award, 11th Grade
- Mikhail Jaffer '22, 2nd Place Biochemistry, 12th Grade
- Mikhail Jaffer '22, West Pharmaceutical Service Award for Biochemistry
- Theo Urban '22, 3rd Place Computer Science, 12th Grade
- Ryan Paul '24, Merck Science Achievement Award
Middle School students earned several awards as well! Congratulations to:
- Anika Mehta '27, 1st Place Mathematics, Middle School
- Anika Mehta '27, Mu Alpha Theta Award
- Aayona Vikram '26, Honorable Mention Environmental Science, Middle School
- Aayon Vikram '26, Chromatography Forum of Delaware Valley, 2nd Place Middle School
- Logan Hancik '26, American Society of Civil Engineers - Philadelphia Section, Middle School
- Logan Hancik '26, Office of Naval Research Science Award, Middle School
As a first place winner in her category (mathematics) Anika Mehta '27 has been invited to apply for the Broadcom Masters Fair which will be held in Fall 2022!
Congratulations to all of our amazing student participants and winners!