Athletics Update: May 28, 2021
The spring season has almost concluded! Our boys’ lacrosse team lost a tough game by a 10-9 score vs. Southern Lehigh in the District XI semi-finals. Paige Busch '21, Olivia Fabiano '21, and Sophia Brands '22 are still competing in the District XI softball tournament as a part of Notre Dame of Green Pond’s team.
In other news, we want to congratulate Benjamin Borsuk '21 and Grace Sanborn '21 on being named the 2021 Colonial League Academic All-Stars!
St. Luke's Fitness & Sports Performance will be conducting a speed/agility/power and strength training program on campus this summer. This program is completely FREE to all of our student-athletes. It includes the opportunity to do a speed/agility/power program and an individual/team strength-training program at no cost for our students.
This is a great opportunity for our athletes to make improvements in their overall conditioning and to prepare for the athletic seasons. Students will also learn to feel more comfortable in our fitness center as they develop more confidence in that space. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Maddie Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program will start on Monday, 6/14/21, and will run through Thursday, 8/5/21, on the fields adjacent to the Athletic and Wellness Center. The program will run on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through the month of June and July.
Here is the schedule:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting on Monday, June 14th.
- 9-9:45 AM - Girls' teams - speed and agility session
- 9:45-11 AM - Girls' teams - open gym/field play
- 11-11:45 AM - Girls' teams - lift
- 10-10:45 AM - Boys' teams - speed and agility session
- 10:45-12 PM - Boys' teams - open gym/field play
- 12-12:45 PM - Boys' teams - lift
Remember that the FREE sports physicals for the 2021-22 academic year will take place on Thursday, June 10 from 5-8 PM! The physicals will be managed by the St. Luke’s University Health Network Sports Medicine staff and will take place on the Upper School campus.
If you have sport-specific questions for the fall, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Head Coaches:
- Cross Country (boys and girls)- Paul Jayson- email@example.com
- Field Hockey- Wendy Sheetz- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golf (boys and girls)- Geri Higgins- email@example.com
- Boys’ Soccer- George Andriko- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls’ Soccer- Darien Vercillo- email@example.com
- Girls’ Tennis- Rick Brown- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football (Notre Dame of Green Pond) - Phil Stambaugh - email@example.com
- Volleyball (Notre Dame of Green Pond) - Paul Abi-Daher - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in looking ahead at the fall schedules, they are available on the Moravian Athletics website.